The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirement. If you do not meet this requirement, you must not access or use the Services.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE TERMS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS ON THE LIABILITY OF HEALTHLINE MEDIA AND OUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE SERVICES, CERTAIN CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO JURISDICTION, AND CERTAIN EXCLUSIONS OF HEALTHLINE MEDIA’S RESPONSIBILITY.
THE SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.
Table of Contents
- Acceptable Use
- General Rules
- Reproduction of Content on Other Websites
- Liability of Healthline Media and Its Licensors
- Advertisements, Searches, and Links to Other Websites
- Location; Survival
- Notices for Reporting and Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
- Your Privacy Rights
- Complete Agreement; Amendments
- No Waiver
- Contact Information
The contents of the Services, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Healthline Media’s licensors, and other material contained on the website, apps, newsletter, and products (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content and Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Healthline Media does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Content or Services. Reliance on any information provided by Healthline Media, Healthline Media employees, others appearing in the Content or on the Services at the invitation of Healthline Media, or other visitors to the Services is solely at your own risk. The Content and Services may contain health- or medical-related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Content or Services.
Unless otherwise noted, all Content and Services, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, as well as all derivative works, are property owned, controlled, licensed, or used with permission by Healthline Media, and/or its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, or other parties that have licensed or otherwise permitted their material to be used by Healthline Media. The Services as a whole and the Contents are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other laws. All worldwide rights, titles, and interests in and to the Services and Contents are owned by Healthline Media or used with permission. The Website, the Website’s logos, the Apps, the Apps’ logos, and all other trademarks appearing on the Content and Services are trademarks of Healthline Media or are licensed or used with permission of the owner by Healthline Media. You agree not to display or use such trademarks without Healthline Media’s prior written permission. Healthline Media disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names, and trade names other than its own.
The Contents and Services are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use by the users of the Services and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions. You may share the Content with the use of the social media links (i.e., “Share,” “Pin It,” and “Tweet”) provided on our Services. You may also share the Content via email through the use of our “Share” link. You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable materials displayed on the Services for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading, sharing, or copying. Except as noted above, you may not reproduce, republish, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute (including by email or other electronic means), publicly display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, the Services, or any related software without the prior written consent of Healthline Media or the owner of such material. Nothing contained in the Content or Services grants or should be construed as granting any license or right to use, implied or otherwise, any trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress, or copyrighted or other proprietary material displayed on these Content and Services without the prior written consent of Healthline Media or the owner of such material. All rights not expressly granted herein by Healthline Media to you are reserved by Healthline Media and/or its licensors. Third-party trade names, product names, and logos contained in these Websites may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The information presented on or through the Content and Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We may update the Content from time to time, but the Content is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any of the material on the Services may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update such material.
REPRODUCTION OF CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES
Any Content placed on your website must be accredited to the applicable Website, with links placed to the original article on the applicable Website. You are permitted to display the following on your website, provided you do so in a way that gives full credit to us as the original publisher and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it:
- An active, follow link to the original full article on the applicable Website.
- A canonical in your header code. Instructions for how to set a canonical here: https://yoast.com/rel-canonical/.
- You may not place, or use any software to place, any complete articles from the applicable Website on your website, unless you have contacted us first and have received written permission from us to place the entire article online — these full Terms and Conditions will apply.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Use of any and all Healthline Media logos are not permitted.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by the applicable Websites of your website, products, content, or any views expressed within your website.
Our Content may only be placed on websites that:
- Do not promote, facilitate, or encourage Illegal activities (and do not display actionable Content under U.K. or U.S. law).
- Do not promote, facilitate, or encourage hatred of any form (including, but not limited to, racism, terrorism, violence, and discrimination of any kind).
- Do not have misleading, pornographic, or defamatory content.
- Do not display any material that is in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
Healthline Media provides the Content at no charge and you may not charge users specifically for accessing Healthline Media Content, nor attempt to sell our Content in any way.
Healthline Media reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate any Content, your access to Content, the availability of Content, or these Terms and Conditions at any time, without liability. You agree to remove all of the Content from your website upon receiving notice of termination from Healthline Media. You may terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time by removing all Content from your website and destroying all copies of our Content in your possession.
ADVERTISEMENTS, SEARCHES, AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Healthline Media may select certain sites as priority responses to search terms you enter, and Healthline Media may agree to allow advertisers to respond to certain search terms with advertisements or sponsored content. Healthline Media does not recommend and does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. Healthline Media is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the Services, third-party sites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the Terms and Conditions for such sites. Healthline Media does not endorse any product advertised on the Content or Services.
NOTICES FOR REPORTING AND MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
This policy is intended to comply with the requirements of the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the following designated agent for these Websites: