Many times, a lot of germs can be present in different areas of our face. If you do not wash your face properly in the right way, it can lead to the development of Pimples (also known as Acne).
Many people tend to hurry and rush when they wash their face, even during a bath, but it is important to know that washing your face takes time and attention, if you want to keep your face looking healthy and also prevent the development of Acne (Pimples), while having a beaming skin.
Dermatologists have recommended that the face should be washed twice daily for best results, not just when you want to remove makeup or when it looks dirty.
How do you wash your face the right way?
- Make Sure to Remove all your makeup first.
- Use a mild gentle cleanser that doesn’t dry out your face. Avoid ingredients like isopropyl alcohol, antibacterial, deodorant soaps, or retinoids unless you have acne.
- Dampen your face with lukewarm water (not hot!) and use the tips of your fingers to massage the cleanser into your face. Your fingertips apply the perfect amount of pressure; stay away from using anything else to scrub the face that can irritate your skin.
- Pat dry with a soft towel. Again, don’t scrub your face, just dab at it. Skin is more sensitive than you think!
- Use a toner and apply moisturizer. Use night cream at night and a moisturizer/sunscreen (SPF > 30!) in the morning.
- When you use eye cream at night, dermatologists recommend using your 4th finger for application because that exerts the least amount of pressure out of your functional fingers (the pinky is not so useful).
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating, because you don’t want your pores to get clogged up with oil leading to breakouts. This means you need to wash your face after you hit the gym or anytime you wear a hat or visor.
Did you know there was a specific way to wash your face? Any special techniques you employ? Please share below in the comments!
Take charge of your health and skin.