PSC 364 – Contemporary Political Analysis Past Question
Contemporary Political Analysis Past Question
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION 2014/2015 ACADEMY SESSION
COURSE TITLE: CONTEMPORARY POLITICAL ANALYSIS
COURSE CODE: PSC 364
TIME ALLOWED: 3HRS
DATE: 1st August 2015
Instruction: Answer 3 questions in all and at least one in each section
- How is Liberalism as a paradigm of political analysis fundamentally different from Marxism in terms of focus, central organizing concepts, and methodological requirements?
- Contribute to the debate that the Classical and Scientific traditions of studying politics are not mutually exclusive but complementary.
- Critically evaluate the strength and weaknesses of adopting the classical input-output Matrix of System analysis to the study of politics.
- Use either Hagea McClelland’s psychological model or W.W. Rostow’s model of economic growth to explain the modernization theory of Development.
- The emphasis on ‘politics of democratization’ as an instrument of making political power appear popular undermines the democratic project in post-Gaddafi’s Libya. Discuss.
- Critically examine the relationship between military rule and political development in terms of the Liberal and Marxist Political Economy.
- Using the Marxian paradigm, what do you consider to be the features of a developed and underdeveloped state?
- With Reference to the outcome of the 2015 Presidential election in Nigeria, use the Marxism framework of analysis to explain the relationship between ethnicity and politics in Nigeria.