ZEB341: Basic Fisheries Past Questions
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
2015/2016 FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 Time: 3hrs
Instruction: Answer section A and any other three at least one from each section
1. Identify, draw, and label fully specimens A, B, C, and D. State the advantages of these specimens.
2. Classify specimens E, F, G, and H without reasons.
3. Write a concise essay on fishery products.
4. Give an account of the adaptation of a named animal to a cold environment.
5. Write on the fundamental principles of fishery management.
6. Explain briefly the steps to be taken in larval production of Clarias gariepinus.
7. With respect to tropical Finfish briefly discuss the effects of climate change on its distribution and abundance.
8. Write on the morphology and life history of a named tropical freshwater fish.
9. Write a comprehensive essay on the morphology and life history of an important marine fish of Nigerian species.