Acne (Pimples): Tips to Improve Your face
Tips to Improve Your face
What is Acne (Pimples)
Pimples result from inflammation of the pores on the skin, as a result of the skin’s oil glands being overactive. They are also called acne.
You can read more about Pimples (Acne) here.
Do you have acne or know someone with acne, these tips can help improve their acne.
Tips to Improve Acne (Pimples)
- Be gentle with your skin: Even though your face looks rough or oily, it still needs tender care. Stay away from harsh scrubs that can irritate your skin.
Remember irritating your skin can cause inflammation (the red area around the acne), and that inflammation can trigger the cells that produce melanin (melanocytes) to produce pigment (melanin) and leave you with dark spots. So you don’t want to irritate your skin.
- Use the right products: Use products that won’t clog your pores, this includes your cleansers and lotions. The label of your products should say “won’t clog pores” “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free.” Products that clog your pores can worsen your acne.
- Cleanse your face properly: You need to wash your face twice a day (morning and night), even if you did not use makeup. It is best to apply the cleanser gently with your fingertips, and use only your fingertips to wash and rinse your face. Gently pat your skin with a towel. See how to wash your face here.
- Wash your pillowcases, hats, and other things that touch your acne-prone skin:
Dead skin cells, bacteria, and dirt will build upon these surfaces, which can clog your pores. Washing what touches your acne-prone skin can prevent this.
- Resist touching, picking, and popping your pimples: Popping a pimple may seem like the fastest way to clear it, but popping it can make things worse. Every time you touch, pick, or pop, you can worsen acne.
Did this make sense? Let me know.
Take charge of your health and skin.