Smoothies are a combination of fruits or Vegetables uniquely chosen and blended to give an outstanding and yummy taste to the delight of the taster. Smoothies have become very fashionable at events recently.
Smoothies can be prepared at parties too! Note especially the party smoothie which can include Yogurt, the Yogurt can be strawberry or Vanilla. The inclusion of yogurt makes it different but widely acceptable at parties.
The Strawberry gives a unique pink color always desired by guests. You can also add a pinch of vanilla flavor to improve the aroma and make it more inviting
BANANA AND PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
Ingredients & method
- Start with the banana.
- Peel and cut into bite-size chunks for SMOOTHIE and blend to a consistent texture.
- Add pineapples
- Add ice cubes (4)
- Add milk (optional)
- Add a little water
- Pour and enjoy immediately.
- Bananas are mostly used as thickeners for Smoothies
SWEET POTATO-ORANGE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE WITH PAWPAW
- 1 orange, peeled and deseeded
- 1/2 cup cooked and cooled sweet potato, mashed 3 cups of kale leaf or Ugu or Spinach
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked for 5 minutes
- 1 cup pawpaw cubed
Add the orange, pawpaw, and sweet potato to your blender first, followed by the kale leaf or Ugu or spinach. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy
LEMON ORANGE SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium-sized orange juice
- Handful of ice
- Combine all the oranges, and ice in a blender and blend.
- Evaporated or soya milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- A handful of ice OR 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend. Drink up
- ½ cup milk or soya milk
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- Handful of ice
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- Combine milk and blueberries in a blender, and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to a glass.
WATERMELON – STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green, UGU LEAF)
- Add chia seed & ginger
- Add 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup water if needed and Blend.
Benefit of Smoothie
- They help increase my fruit and veggie intake
- They contain different nutrients and vitamins that our body needs
- Like drinking water, they hydrate my body as well
- They improve my digestion
- Drinking green smoothies, boost energy
- Improved immunity
- Clear, soft skin
- Improved energy
- Increased productivity
- Improved sex life
- Better mood
- Better sleep
- Possible protection from chronic diseases
- Fat loss
- Aids in hydration
- Helps my family eat healthier