What is a Beard Oil?
Beard oil is a cosmetic product for men that is used to nourish both the skin under the beard and the beard itself in order to keep it “soft, shiny, and smooth”. Beard oil mimics the natural oils produced by the skin, such as sebum, and is composed mainly of carrier oils and essential oils
In this post, you will learn how to make men’s beard oil.
The following are ingredients for male beard oil.
- 1/2 ounce (14 grams) Argan Oil
- 1/4 ounce (7 grams) Jojoba Oil
- 1/4 ounce (7 grams) Sweet Almond Oil
- 7 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Combine all ingredients in a 30ml amber glass bottle with a dropper.
- Gently swirl to incorporate all ingredients.
Depending on beard length, drop 3-5 drops in one hand. Longer beards will require more drops but remember, a little goes a long way, so increase the amount by one drop at a time. Dip fingertips from the other hand in the oil and rub oil all over the beard. When all the oil has been applied, use fingertips to massage oil down into the beard all the way to the skin. Use a small comb like this one to smooth down the beard.
For best results, apply daily to freshly washed beard that has been toweled dry.