Scholarship for Software Engineering
Nanjing University Of Science And Technology
Location: Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
City: Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
International Students: 1000
Accommodation: On Campus
- Degree: Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
- Normal Period of Study: 4 years
Students are required to master the knowledge of engineering science, engineering expertise, and management, be capable of analyzing and solving problems, organizing and managing, cooperating and communicating, and have innovative thinking, lifelong learning ability, social responsibility, professional ethics, and humanistic literacy. Graduates are supposed to become high-level professional talents to engage in system R & D and technical management to solve complex engineering problems in the field of software engineering. Specifically, the objectives of cultivation (expected to be achieved 5 years after graduation) include:
1. Have high humanities and social science literacy, social responsibility, and engineering professional ethics, rich engineering experience, in-depth understanding of the informatization needs of occupations and industries related to the field of software engineering, and the ability to provide professional and independent technical insights.
2. Have the ability to flexibly solve complex engineering problems with knowledge of mathematics, natural science, economics, and management, and be proficient in research, design, development, and comprehensive application of software systems to become the core backbone of R & D projects.
3. Have the outstanding ability to innovate, deeply understand, and accurately evaluate the impact of engineering practices on the environment and sustainable development of society, and have the ability to design and develop complex software systems with consideration of health, safety, law, and culture.
4. Have the ability to manage a work team and coordinate projects, organize, formulate and effectively implement work plans, and effectively communicate with peers and the public on complex engineering issues.
5. Have the ability to lifelong learning so as to cope with the challenges of scientific and technological development and master emerging technologies; have the concept of sustainable development and an international perspective to successfully exchange and cooperate in cross-cultural contexts.
Students in this major will mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge related to software engineering, and receive basic training in software engineering. They have basic capabilities and preliminary experience in software development practice, basic ability in software project organization, and basic engineering literacy. They also have initial innovations and entrepreneurial awareness, competitive awareness and team spirit, and a good ability to use foreign languages.
According to the school orientation and subject characteristics, combined with the basic standards of China Engineering Education Certification listed in the 12 basic requirements, the school proposed the following 12 graduation requirements:
1. Ability to solve complex engineering problems with mathematics, science, engineering foundations, and computer expertise.
2. Able to apply the basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering science to recognize, express, and analyze complex engineering problems through literature research so as to obtain effective conclusions.
3. Able to design solutions to complex engineering problems, designed to meet the specific needs of the system, module (module), or algorithm, and can reflect the sense of innovation in the design process, considering the social, health and safety, legal, cultural and environmental factors, Using the theory and technical means of computer systems and application software analysis, design and development.
4. Able to study complex engineering problems based on scientific principles and scientific methods, including designing computer hardware and software experiments, building software models, analyzing and interpreting data, and obtaining reasonable and effective conclusions through information integration.
5. Ability to develop, select and use appropriate technologies, resources, and modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering problems, including prediction and Simulation of complex engineering problems, and understanding their limitations.
6. Can make a reasonable analysis based on engineering-related background knowledge, evaluate the impact of computer professional engineering practice and complex engineering problems to solve social, health, safety, law, and cultural issues, and understand the responsibilities that should be undertaken.
7. Can understand and evaluate the impact of computer engineering practice on the environmental and socially sustainable development of complex engineering problems.
8. Humanities and social sciences with a sense of accomplishment, and social responsibility, able to understand and abide by engineering professional ethics and norms in project practice and fulfill their responsibilities.
9. Ability to take on the role of the individual, team member, and principal in a multidisciplinary team.
10. To effectively communicate and exchange ideas with industry peers and the general public on complex engineering issues, including writing reports and designing drafts, making presentations, and articulating or responding to directives. And have a certain international perspective, on the cross-cultural background to communicate and exchange.
11. Understand and master the principles of project management and economic decision-making and apply them in a multidisciplinary environment.
12. With self-learning and lifelong-learning awareness, develop the capacity for continuous learning and being flexible.
Ⅴ. Core courses
Object-oriented Programming, Discrete Mathematics, Data Structure, Software Analysis Method and Engineering Technology, Operating System, Compiler Principle, Computer Networks, Embedded System, Fundamentals of Computer Programming (Ⅰ, Ⅱ)